What is diamond core drilling?
Diamond core drilling is a form of core drilling which uses a rotary drill with a diamond drill bit attached. As diamond is the hardest naturally occurring material in the world, the diamond drill bit allows for achieving very precisely measured holes in construction projects.
What are diamond core drills used for?
Whilst primarily used for drilling into concrete, diamond core drills are a versatile piece of equipment that can be used for creating openings in virtually any material including metal, glass, stone, asphalt and tile. Because a diamond core drill creates very precise holes, it is an ideal solution for creating large openings for ducts, creating smaller holes for pipes or wiring, creating holes for the placement or anchoring bolts and even for concrete sample analysis.
What makes a diamond core drill so beneficial?
- A diamond drill achieves very precise results and creates clean, accurate holes with diameters between 8mm to more than 1500mm. With a diamond core drill, holes can be created to an almost unlimited depth.
- Since the diamond core drill is a non-percussive piece of equipment that produces very accurate results, it can be used whilst maintaining the structural integrity of its environment. Therefore, in comparison to conventional methods of drilling, there is less chance of causing damage using a diamond core drill.
- Diamond core drills are lightweight, highly portable and versatile equipment, suitable for use in confined spaces. They can also be operated in either a vertical or horizontal direction depending on the requirements of the project.
- Diamond core drills produce little to no dust whilst in operation, meaning there is very little mess or disruption caused during projects.
- Because the procedure of diamond core drilling is relatively quiet with the drill producing little to no sound, the drilling can be performed in virtually any location without causing a disturbance.
Dry core drilling
Dry core drilling is primarily designed for drilling into general housing materials such as soft stone, sandstone, brick and block. This type of drilling is designed to be used only for rotary action without any additional percussive action.
Who should I contact?
If you are interested in diamond core drilling in London, at Diamond Drilling UK we are here to help. As one of the most reputable diamond core drilling companies in London with years of experience in concrete drilling, we are highly equipped for providing you with the best quality diamond core drilling equipment for your construction project.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us for more information or if you have any questions about the diamond drilling process. We are more than happy to help!